- FREE SHIPPING over $100.00
- Excellent Service
- Satisfaction Guarantee
The Grand Prix 4000S II boasts global appeal as the best all round race bike tyre on the market. Not only is it fast and super grippy, thanks to its state of the art BlackChili rubber compound, but it is also tough with a healthy tread layer and of course Continental's Vectran anti puncture breaker layer underneath. So for reliability, longevity and all out performance for your race machine, the GP 4000S II is the only choice.
How are these figures possible? The carbon filler particles within the rubber compound are reduced to 1/10th of the size of standard carbon particles. This creates a closer knit with the particles having more points of contact with each other, thus forming a tighter bond, (increasing mileage performance) and also with the road (increasing grip). Also the way in which the particles interact with each other has a dramatic effect on reducing rolling resistance. Black Chili is used by several ProTour and Continental teams as shown opposite.
The all new Vectran breaker belt, developed and patented by Continental, surpasses even the famous puncture resistance of the former leader in this category, the GP3000. The extremely strong Vectran fabrics are more flexible and lighter than all other puncture protection materials. Vectran offers more resistance to cuts than Aramid, is five times as strong as steel and features less weight than a nylon double breaker. It also maintains strength in the wet.
- Advanced BlackChili compound for low rolling resistance, high mileage and maximum wet weather grip
- A proven tyre with a facelift, new colours, new design, tried and tested technology
- New sizes in 23-571, 20-622 and for poor conditions, 28-622
- Vectran breaker for unsurpassed puncture protection
- Available colours (23mm): black, yellow, red, orange, blue, green, silver, transparent
Read or write a review